Adult Improver Surf Course
*** This is a weekly Course ***
Each Saturday – times will be agreed on the first day to tie in with tides and availability of everyone on the course.
2 hours each day over 4 weekends
Ages are for 16 up to 70.
All Equipment is provided if needed
Times for the rest of the course will be discussed and decided between the group and the instructor to make it easier for the majority of participants on the course.
Before considering yourself for this course you should be able to catch broken white water waves easily.
Able to stand on at least 70% of the waves you catch and are thinking about turning.
You should have had at least 1 lesson and have had plenty of practice by yourself.
This will help improve your technique for catching waves and standing up.
We will tweek what you doing well and correct what you are doing wrong.
- Surfing Lessons
- Generating Speed
- Where do waves come from.
- Types of waves.
- Understanding Surf conditions for Porthcawl.
- Basic First Aid
- Paddling analysis.
- Duck diving/ eskimo roll / popping waves.
- Wave selection
- Catching unbroken waves.
- Dropping in / bottom turn
- Changing Direction
- Surf Forecasting
- Improving your fitness for surfing
Cost is £105 per person.
All bookings can be made by hitting the blue bar at the top of the page or the ‘book now’ button at the bottom right of any page.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to phone or text us on 07583 348013
- The time for the first session is advertised on the booking page. Times for the rest of the course will be discussed and decided between the group and the instructor to take into account the tide times and what is easiest for the majority of participants on the course.
- Course sessions are not transferable to another month, for example it is not possible fore you to book onto a course in September take 2 sessions and then take the remaining 2 sessions in October. It is also important that you are there for the first session.
Surfing lessons and courses are also available to buy as a voucher valid for 12 months.
“Had our final Improvers lesson today, I must say I will be sad to see them finish, feel that all the knowledge, tips and feedback Hugh gave us is starting to sink in. Would recommend this to anyone thinking of changing their board because they aren’t progressing, or wondering why they can’t turn like the big boys.” Peggy Edwards, Pontypridd. https://www.facebook.com/peggy.edwards.3388?hc_location=timelineClick here to view our Terms & Conditions