NVBLQ – National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification
What is NVBLQ?
Surf Life Saving Wales, RLSS, and SLS GB have agreed to to offer a qulification which sets a commom standard for beach lifeguarding and satisfies the requirements specified by lifeguard service operators.
The qualification will be delivered by SLSA Wales, SLS GB and RLSS. Endorsed by International Life Saving Federation, National Water Safety Forum Beach Advisory Group and the RNLI
2020 Course Dates
WEEK LONG COURSE £295
- 1st – 6th April .
- 6th – 11th May
UPDATE COURSE 3 DAYS £150
- Must already hold NVBLQ or Equivalent
- 3rd – 5th April
- ocean update on 7th April.
- 8th – 11th April
- Be at least 16 years of age on the date of assessment
- Be able to swim 400m in under 8 minutes
- Be able to complete a 200m beach run in under 40 secs
- Foundation lifeguard knowledge and skills
- Foundation surf competence and knowledge
- Foundation paddle board competence and knowledge
- Foundation rescue tube competence and knowledge
- Surf Lifeguard Fitness Test
- Adult Basic Life Support
- Aquatic First Aid
40 hours Training – 6 days with the assessment on the 6th day. A full week’s training with required evening work.
£295 – includes Surf Life Saving Wales or SLSGB membership, Certification and all literature needed.Click here to view our Terms & Conditions